High-performance client copying
SAP System copies giving you headaches?
When you are managing an SAP landscape, you need to be able to create new systems without having to stop the operation. You don't want to struggle for disk space every time you create a system, nor do you want to wait days for copies or refreshes to finish. And the refreshed systems need to function properly together. Most companies have no option but to copy the whole system, and so have designed their landscapes around this.
Create fully functional clients with reduced footprints
Client Sync from EPI-USE Labs allows you to copy only the subsets of information you need from a working system. This has impressive advantages: it reduces the new client's footprint and saves valuable disk space – up to 90% – which means your costs are drastically reduced.
You can also refresh data frequently without interrupting the landscape, using our proprietary high performance, asynchronous parallel processing.
Recently, a Client Sync copy averaged 85GB an hour across the duration of the Sync! In the first hour we frequently see over 100GB transferred.
Include transactional document flows to preserve integrity
Client Sync will automatically include transactional data that lies outside your selected time period, which means that all dependencies remain intact in the new client, and your data is consistent. Customers have the choice and can turn this off when creating sandbox clients.
System splits and mergers
At times like these, a new production system needs to be created. Call in our consultants to help you with your SLO project. Client Sync has the enterprise-slicing functionality needed to split the system at company code level and it's also useful for system mergers. For details of our services please visit our SLO page.
Client Sync benefits
- Allows you to create new clients or refresh clients consistently across ERP, SRM, CRM, GTS, BW, SCM.
- Simplifies data selection: choose from data profiles, or just reuse previous runs with a few clicks.
- Allows you to copy only the time period and/or company code(s) you need.
- Handles your custom tables automatically.
- Allows you to copy BW data.
- Sends email/SMS notifications to keep you posted on Sync status.
- Dramatically reduces downtime in the transport landscape; allows system refresh to occur over a weekend.
- Improves security, giving multiple options for masking data through Data Secure.
- Saves up to 90% disc space.
- Makes BDLS redundant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enterprise slicing means you can choose to include the data from just one company code or several company codes in your Sync, so you can avoid copying superfluous information.