Reliable test data when you need it
A user's wish list
Business analysts, functional teams and other power users have specific needs. These include:
- Real data in QA to be able to test their solutions properly
- A faster correction process for production support
- Real live data for training that is relevant, while complying with data protection laws
- Control and power to get the data they need when they need it
- Flexibility to copy only specific transactions and related master data from multiple modules such as FI and SD
- The knowledge that sensitive data is protected across the landscape
- Data on demand – without needing downtime or Basis involvement
Object Sync is the easiest, most powerful way to do all of the above and more
Object Sync is intuitive and easy to use. You select data at a business object or transactional flow level, from a single object up to a whole range, and copy it to a non-production system. You can select from multiple modules, such as HCM, FI and SD. You can even copy complex HCM cluster data such as CATS and Payroll.
Sensitive data can be safeguarded throughout, with scrambling/conversions taking place during the copy. This helps your company meet accepted data protection standards, such as Sarbanes Oxley, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the BDSG (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz).
Have fresh testing data at your fingertips
DSM does away with recreating testing and training data manually. You can have up-to-date, valid production data for testing or for training simulations whenever you need it, and the data can be refreshed easily and regularly.
What's different about Object Sync?
We have had long associations with SAP customers in many countries and industries. Experience has taught us how SAP data objects are structured; how they relate to other objects, and how BAPIs, locking mechanisms, number ranges, authorisation checks, etc. function. This knowledge powers Object Sync to move data consistently, maintain all links to related data and ensure 100% data integrity.
Object Sync lets you define templates that reduce complexity and enforce security. You can then allow users to copy production data as needed, as the templates regulate their access to the data. This means fewer system interruptions.
Object Sync benefits
- Easy-to-use interface for selecting and copying only the data that you need
- Copies all ERP data, including complex HCM cluster data
- No system interruptions or freezes
- Empowers personnel to resolve issues quickly, without having to wait for other teams
- Masks and protects sensitive data
- Reduces risks during implementation, upgrades and loading of support/enhancement packs
- Moves data from a lower to a higher release, and between different architectures
- Easily extendable to include custom requirements