Reliable test data when you need it
A user's wish list
Business analysts, functional teams and other power users have specific needs. These include:
- Real data in QA to be able to test their solutions properly
- A faster correction process for production support
- Real live data for training that is relevant, while complying with data protection laws
- Control and power to get the data they need when they need it
- Flexibility to copy only specific transactions and related master data from multiple modules such as FI and SD
- The knowledge that sensitive data is protected across the landscape
- Data on demand – without needing downtime or basis involvement
Object Sync is the easiest, most powerful way to do all of the above and more
Object Sync is intuitive and easy to use. You select data at a business object or transactional flow level, from a single object up to a whole range, and copy it to a non-production system. You can select from multiple modules, such as HCM, FI and SD. You can even copy complex HCM cluster data such as CATS and Payroll.
Sensitive data can be safeguarded throughout, with scrambling/conversions taking place during the copy. This helps your company meet accepted data protection standards, such as Sarbanes Oxley, UK Data Protections Act and the BDSG (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz).
Have fresh testing data at your fingertips
DSM does away with recreating testing and training data manually. You can have up-to-date, valid production data for testing or for training simulations whenever you need it, and the data can be refreshed easily and regularly.
What's different about Object Sync?
We have had long associations with SAP customers in many countries and industries. Experience has taught us how SAP data objects are structured; how they relate to other objects, and how BAPIs, locking mechanisms, number ranges, authorization checks, etc. function. This knowledge powers Object Sync to move data consistently, maintain all links to related data and ensure 100% data integrity.
Object Sync lets you define templates that reduce complexity and enforce security. You can then allow users to copy production data as needed, as the templates regulate their access to the data. This means fewer system interruptions.
Object Sync benefits
- Easy-to-use interface for selecting and copying only the data that you need
- Copies all ERP data, including complex HCM cluster data
- No system interruptions or freezes
- Empowers personnel to resolve issues quickly, without having to wait for other teams
- Masks and protects sensitive data
- Reduces risks during implementation, upgrades and loading of support/enhancement packs
- Moves data from a lower to a higher release, and between different architectures
- Easily extendable to include custom requirements
How fine-grained is Object Sync?Well, you can copy just one employee's data, if you want to. There are over 1000 Business Objects defined in DSM, and we add more objects as customer's request them. So you can copy as few objects or as many objects as you need. If you want to copy a lot of data, to refresh a client for example, then you could consider Client Sync, which lets you select profiles (subsets) of client data to copy.
How does Object Sync ensure consistency for transactional data?Object Sync inserts transactional data using the SAP Business Application Interface (BAPI), ensuring that all background updates, triggers, user exits, BADIs, etc. are executed.
Does Object Sync allow the same transaction to be copied more than once?Yes, by using the Business Application Interface (BAPI). The same transaction, with or without its complete document flow and related master data, can be copied multiple times. This creates new document flows while keeping the relationships between the documents intact.
Can I use Object Sync to test system changes resulting from customising or the application of support packs?Yes. Object Sync uses the Business Application Interface (BAPI) to execute the complete transaction, while taking all system changes that could affect the transaction's outcome into account.
Can Object Sync scramble data by default?Yes, you can easily control which data must be scrambled. EPI-USE Labs delivers a very extensive set of conversions to address the most common scrambling needs. No development is neccessary. If required, you can extend any conversion to cater for your unique needs.
How can we enforce data security?Object Sync's templates allow advanced users to lock down certain settings. This means that your company can use templates to enforce policies in terms of scrambling rules, so that all Syncs automatically use the same conversions. This is very important from an audit and governance perspective.
Object Sync is part of EPI-USE Labs Data Sync Manager (DSM) product suite. It can function independently or together with other products in the DSM suite.