Protect your sensitive data
You do not want sensitive data to fall into unauthorised hands
If any of the following thoughts have crossed your mind, you should consider Data Secure:
- "I have just refreshed my test system. Is there a way I can still scramble the data?"
- "Is my sensitive data protected well enough to satisfy the auditors?"
- "Can anyone get access to sensitive data they can't see in production?"
- "Could we write a custom program to anonymize some records in our training system?"
Data Secure gives you complete control over all sensitive data
Data Secure is a comprehensive protection solution that comes with pre-defined masking rules. With these rules you can scramble any non-key field in any client-dependent SAP table in a number of different ways (such as mapping table look-up, constant value, clear a field). You can also extend these rules to cover your own particular security needs.
Data Secure enables your company to meet all well-known data protection standards such as Sarbanes Oxley, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the BDSG (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz). Ask our EPI-USE Labs consultants to advise you on how to implement a data security policy across your non-production SAP landscape.
It's easy to mask an entire client, as the product handles large volumes of data – it was developed for Basis teams to use for mass scrambling. You can use it separately or with our Client Sync product, to scramble data as you create the new client.
Data Secure benefits
- Fast - optimised for mass processing
- Ready - no development required, just select and go
- Smart - all functional dependencies automatically taken care of
- Flexible - customise any scrambling rule to suit your needs
- Audit-proof - provides demonstrable evidence to auditors that data protection is under control
- Future proof - all scrambling rules will continue to work after applying support packs or upgrading the system
- Central hub for masking across SAP and non-SAP test systems.
Yes, with Data Sync Manager 5 Data Secure has been fully integrated to Client Sync and Object Sync as well as allowing in-place object masking and in-place client masking to happen automatically and before the data leaves production. This means the policies put in place will always be adhered to no matter how the data reaches the test system. Great information to share with an auditor!
Yes, there are several ways a non-SAP system can be connected to Data Secure to carry out masking outside of SAP systems. Depending on the non-SAP platform, EPI-USE Labs can provide options for how best to extend the masking scope. This can be done by the customer using APIs or EPI-USE Labs can provide services to assist.
Absolutely. Data Secure can also run as an in-place solution, which means it can perform a mass operation on any client, regardless of how it was created. Data Secure has been optimised for high performance.
Custom rules can be created quickly and easily using delivered transformation functions or you can create your own functions using the highly intuitive Labscript formula language cutting out the need for custom ABAP code. Custom rules can also be shared with other community users on Client Central.